GeekFood #6: Sticky Chicken!
Tonight, we hit the chicken in a very sticky way. This stuff is REALLY good! Here’s the breakdown:
Start with 6-8 skinnes chicken thighs
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 TBSP fresh minced garlic
1 tsp pepper
1 tp red pepper flakes
3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes
chopped green onions (to garnish)
Combine ingredients for marinade and mix with chicken. Let marinade for 1-24 hours. Reserve marinade when grilling, but continue to brush onto the chicken after each turn on the grill. Combine ingredients for the glaze and after the chicken is cooked, brush on the glaze (each side) and leave warming on the grill to become sticky (about 5 minutes). I used the remaining glaze to pour over rice which I served with the chicken. MMMMMM!
4 Comments »
Leave a Reply
- GeekFood #11: “Donkey Kong Bars”
- GeekFood #10: “Aussie Speedies!”
- GeekFood #9: “Shrek-in-ease-ramen-oni”
- GeekFood #8: “X-Wings”
- New show coming this Saturday, September 1st
- Hey! What’s this?
- Where the heck are we?
- GeekFood #7: Southern Hash
- GeekFood #6: Sticky Chicken!
- GeekFood #5: WE’RE BACK!
- GeekFood #04: Chicken Pizza Ahoy!
- GeekFood #03 – Football Fingers, and Weenie-Ladas